Friday, July 07, 2006

Like an old friend I come back to this blogspot...

Well, Ive graduated and now am awaiting call. Some classmates have accepted calls and some have even been ordained. I am very happy for them to "officially" begin their ministry. But if we think about it, when are we truly NOT ministering to someone. Its tough waiting for call. I know that it will come. In the meantime, Im doing pulpit supply, working part time in a restaurant, working a bit for a friend and hangin out on the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan and surrounding lakes. Not all bad. Still Im chomping at the bit for some sense of place, some sense of this is where I belong. Wedding plans are moving along well thanks to my beloved. She is so organized and into details, not one of my strong suits. She is enjoying all the planning and making arrangements and I am glad that makes her happy. It is very difficult being so far away from her still, but again, like everything else, its just temporary. I think the Buddhist has it right on this one; If we see everything as non-permanent, we can learn not to grasp at every whisp that comes our way. Peace, y'all.

1 comment:

Kim said...

My dear gypsie friend...I hear your frustration and tension waiting, and waiting. I am living in a frustration and tension of packing and packing and packing. I just LONG to live in one place for more than a year! I'll talk with you soon. Kimmy

PS - I have that pic for you...should I mail it or scan it or wait until I see ya and hand deliver it?